Dear ICMC Composers/Artists/Researchers/other worthies:
Thank you so much for your interest in ICMC 2010, and thanks especially for your submissions. We had an enormous response: over 1,700 entries. Obviously, this means that there were many, many excellent submissions that we were regrettably not able to program.
- A special thanks to all of our adjudicators, and the chairs of the various sub-categories:
- Rob Voisey—60×60
- Stephanie Loveless – Alternative Events
- Marie Evelyn –Analogous
- Joel Chadabe—Ear to the Earth
- Sarah O’Halloran—Installations
- Michael Barnhart—Piece Plus Paper
- Phoenix Perry—Red Light
- Steven David Beck—Video
Below you will find a list of first-round acceptances for the ICMC 2010 Edition Red Conference in the following categories:
- 60×60 – List of Accepted Works
Concerts and Additional Programming – List of Accepted Works
- Includes the following categories:
- Alternative Events
- Ear to the Earth Concerts
- Video Installations [please see “special note” below]
- Piece and Paper Concert
- Red Light (after hours) Concerts
- Video Concert
- Other Conference Concerts (6 in all)
Papers/Demos/Posters – List of Accepted Works
Please Note: Acceptances are listed under primary (or first) author/composer only. Please check by title and submission number.
Special Note Regarding Installations:
The listed works are accepted to the conference. However, owing to a serious illness of a crucial faculty member at Stony Brook, the situation regarding installations has become quite complicated. We will be contacting you and working with you individually to determine the feasibility of mounting particular pieces. Please note that because of the changing situation, installation artist should expect to supply all equipment.
Please note that you will need to be a conference registrant in order for your piece to be played. We regret that on-line registration will not be up for a few weeks, but in the meantime, prices can be found under the registration heading on the conference website: icmc2010.org/registration.html.
All people programmed at the conference will be receiving an email from the Conference shortly. We will then need you to fill out the appropriate online forms:
Paper/Poster Demo Presenter Information Form
Music/Installation Presenter Information Form
Please be ready to provide the following information:
- Confirmation of your intention to register and attend the conference
- Precise timing of your work
- Precise indication of required forces, both instrumental and technical
- 150 word bio
- 200 word program note
- 150 bio of the performer if you are providing your own
We will post exact information about which piece is on which concert shortly. This will be a preliminary determination, and may have to be adjusted depending on timing and tech needs of works.
Once again, thank you all for your interest in ICMC, and especially for your creative and scholarly work. You are, obviously, the point behind the organization and the conferences. We look forward to seeing you all in May!
Your conference co-hosts: